Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

King of seasons



The summer is soon over, kids will be going back to school, jackets and sweaters will be coming out of storage, and modelers will be heading back to workbenches. I got an early start this year on modeling season, in the hopes that I will get some projects cleaned up and finished.  I believe that Autumn is king of seasons, and living in the Northeast, I am blessed with watching the Appalachians turn from green to a cornucopia of blazing colors in nature's annual ritual.  

I decided that since I love fall so much, I should model it, that way I will always have a reminder that cooler temperatures are always coming, and bringing with them harvests, Halloween and hunting season. 

I took advantage of a back to school sale to buy some artist acrylics. I found the cheapest tube acrylics at the store, and got enough of a variety of colors to do simple backdrops ala Bob Ross.  Happy little red orange and yellow trees jumped off my brush and onto the Masonite. I'm a detail oriented guy, but for this, general colors, textures and shadows will do, because a lot of my work will be covered by trees, structures and details.  The idea  is to fool the viewer into believing that there is something behind the meager 12" deep shelf layout, rather than painting an Italian chapel ceiling. 

I am pleased with the results, and hope you are too. 

Go build something awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment