Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Patton said

"A good plan now is better than a perfect plan too late". Okay, so I am paraphrasing a bit, but they are good words to live by. On the 29th of March, the local Hobby Town USA is hosting their spring model contest, and I am entering a Diorama.  I started it March 3rd, so I'm under a bit of a time crunch, and I hadn't planned a diorama to build! 


I could be freaking out that my plan isn't exactly what I wanted it to be, or that I don't have enough time to add in all the details I want. I have had to dump a portion of the diorama (a log dump coincidentally) in order to have enough time to build the background wall (pictured). I didn't even know what I wanted the wall to look like, or what it represents. That would have stopped me a year ago. I can't stress about it now. I am under a time hack, and I have too much else to worry about. 

I think many of us stress too much about making sure everything is perfect in out modeling, and perhaps in our lives. Modelers are detail oriented by nature, and are easily stopped when a detail isn't  exactly as we want them to be. 

Nothing is perfect, so quit kidding yourself.  

Being driven toward perfection is an admirable quality, only if you know when to accept imperfections and move forward, otherwise, you will never accomplish anything, or worse yet, you will never start toward anything. 

Now,

Go build something awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment