Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Surgeon General's Warning

Minitrains Fiddletown & Copperopolis Locomotive
About a year ago, the deep dark caverns of web geekdom where most dare not go were beside themselves with joy and anticipation when Minitrains announced that it would be making an "American" locomotive in HOn30.  Leaked photos confirmed that unlike their European releases, Minitrains was diving headlong into the American market. At that time, I was just beginning to entertain the idea of getting involved in HOn30, and I was intrigued by this little teakettle, but I decided to wait until I had heard more about it before I sank the money into something I had no experience in.

Fast forward to this afternoon, when the mailman dropped a small box packed with foam peanuts protecting an even smaller box. I opened it up, and was immediately impressed with the quality.  I raced into the basement to put it on the track, and see how it ran.  I couldn't believe how nicely it ran on my horrendously awful track. Almost as nice as a modern N scale diesel. There was no need to push start it, and it ran at scale speeds very nicely. It didn't crawl along the track, but it started fairly well, and moved about Buzzard's Cove effortlessly, and without sounding like a milk jug in a blender to boot!

I'm going to need a handful more of these little guys.  Seriously.  In fact, I'm so thrilled by this little bugger that I'm considering liquidating all of my On30 gear that will never get run to finance more Minitrains locos.  I'm hooked, and it's bad.

Surgeon General's Warning: Minitrains are highly habit forming, and could lead to foaming at the mouth.

Go build something awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment