Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Almost Ready...

First casting gets painted and weathered
 
If you've been following along on Facebook, you'll know that I've made molds for an On30 skeleton log car, 16' long. It's of no specific prototype, like many backwoods logging cars. The picture above is an actual casting that is in the process of paint and weathering. I'm sorry for the quality of the photo, I take a lot of pictures with my iPhone, when I don't want to get the camera out.


I've been asked if it will come with chains.  The short answer is no, not now. The long answer is: If I can get a supplier of scale chain where I am not paying retail (read $6 per foot) I will eventually add them in, for an increased price. I know that's not what you probably want to hear, but facts are facts, and while I have been told that I'm a nice guy, I'm not going to give these away. At least I'm honest!
 
My goal is to provide affordable kits that are as highly detailed as possible, so some trade offs have to occur, and right now, chains are too expensive for me to provide customers without significantly increasing the price of the model, and I'm not willing to do that. I want to sell these things, so I can afford to produce other kits, and finance my own expensive hobby! 
Pre-orders of these kits will be open by the end of the week. I say pre-order, because if you all like these as much as I do, I have a feeling I'll develop a backlog rather quickly, and I don't want to get people's expectations up on being able to ship them immediately.

Now,

Go build something awesome. d

No comments:

Post a Comment