Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

New beginnings

Like the smell of a new car, the word new triggers emotions in us.  Some of us are terrified of new things, while others ride a dopamine high of elation that comes with new things. A new car could symbolize a sense of accomplishment and pride, while a new job could be a whirlwind of anxiety.

A new blog. So what? Thousands of blogs are created every day, and every sociology and philosophy major on planet earth thinks that their blog should be universally read, and bring profound wisdom and change to it's readers.  I don't give a crap about all that.  I build models, and draw pictures.  I don't do it for the Blogosphere, or bored soccer moms who pin crap philosophy on their Pinterest boards. I do it for me. If other people want to follow along with my nonsense, great. If not, I will sleep just as good tonight as I did last night.

I decided to start a new blog to go along with my new life.  I recently left the Army to pursue "happiness".  I've been all over the world, sacrificed personal and family time, and worked hard to make it to a place where I was unhappy. I realized that the good times that I had while in uniform were being increasingly crowded out by personal misery.  I decided it was time to go, and do what makes me happy: drawing and building things. So soccer mom...put this philosophy on your Pinterest..."It's never too late to start something new."

I've got tons of things happening right now, the Marsh Creek Railroad currently only exists in my brain, but is beginning to take shape in both On30 and HOn30 scales. At this point, I've got lots of projects going, and it seems like I can't finish anything. I don't think that is going to change anytime soon, because I've just made a deal to keep the Empire out of here for good.  Wait...What? Lando? I was saying, another new beginning seems to be taking off with a jump start, which is keeping me from finishing my projects. A craftsman kit business?

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment