Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weighty decisions

Sometimes in life we have to make some really hard decisions, decisions that carry a lot of weight, and can make or break us. It wasn't an easy decision to leave a comfortable career with a great retirement, not with a family, bills, and a mortgage. The weight of the world was on my shoulders, and a misstep could crush me. 

16 years ago, I trusted my life to an 18 year old parachute rigger, who probably failed a couple classes in high school, and probably wasn't trusted much by his teachers, or parents. By all rights, I shouldn't have trusted him either. Sometimes though, you have to make a leap of faith, and ignore that kid, and put your fate at the hands of The Lord. He can help you carry that weight, and if it suits him, he'll make sure your parachute opens. 

I asked for guidance, and he told me to "put my knees in the breeze". I shuffled out that door, into the dark night,and it looks like my 'chute is opening. 

Have faith in your abilities, and put faith in The Lord. Enjoy life, and build stuff. 

The picture above is relevant...I swear. I added weight to my kit in a space I could find, by using small incremental weights... BBs! Together with your faith, you can find places to carry the weight of the world, through creative thought.

Go build something.

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment